Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Soundtrack!

Hello there... Le Tour has a soundtrack, and no better way to explain it, than from the composer himself. Here's what Frankie wrote to me today:
"
Mate. I was watching TV at home and Milka was on the computer, Chello already in bed. Milka calls me at some point and shows me from her Facebook something called Le Tour de Fonz and inmediately I start reading its contents. When I see it, I realize is my buddy Alfonso, on a bicycle, going around France departing from Italy. I keep reading and I see you and your bike and the camera (and the fibreglass box where you keep your stuff) going along like a free soul with a personal and charity goal. Mate, I couldn't resist and needed to participate in your initiative. I ran to the room, grabbed the bass, the recording device and started playing and recording ideas out of the blue letting myself go by the lines of funk that we once listened together, driving along in your Blue Toyota Corolla '88 (Automatic!!!). Man, I composed this piece thinking that hopefully it will help you follow your rithym on the hills, mountains, bends, downhills and uphills in France. Here it goes "Go funk a ride!" as a little display of my support and celebration of personal achievments to follow. For you my friend!

Note: recording was made ina mini portable studio at 3 am using my bass and electric drums; sorry about quality and flaws.

Frank"

Sorry about quality!!! haha, what a legend! GRACIAAAASS Frankieeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment