Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Day all good!






First day is done. Left Genova racing the rain coming from Levante and successfully stayed quite dried. One thing I could not avoid was the Libeccio wind blowing straight on my face for the whole day. Thought it would get lighter but for the last 100 km it was gusting up to 25 knots probably.
Life on board is good, lots of time to drift away and reflect on the last two weeks of preparing for trip and sort of getting used to the little routines of cycling for over 8 hours a day. Funny seems like the only think I'm not thinking of is the actual moment! But I've been focusing a lot on being patience and pace myself. Today I cycled for 8 hours and 58 minutes, with an hour break for a great lunch at the beach with the sun shinning. Feels like I'm talking of a sailing trip if I keep going like this.
Arrived at Monaco where Phillis, a cool yachtie/surfer I met in Fiji, is living and host me for the first night of Le Tour. Good catching up with all buddies.
185 km after 9 hours at 20.5 km/h average. Not bad considering the wind, and hoping to go for longer tomorrow as weather conditions should be just right.
Hope you keep following my progress and thanks for the support, to Ga and Robi for the pictures of my departing and for all the donations, you all rock!
Fonzie

3 comments:

  1. fonzo ya arrancastes!!! fuerza y coraje... nos hace sentir muy orgullosos!!! y en voz bajita... envidioso!!! dale no te dejes vencer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bro! 9 horas!? mier! bueno pana pa´lante es pa alla!... mucha fuerza y mucha suerte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias gracias... hoy 9 horas 40... Tecllado frances demasiado fastidioso pa escribir, saludos

    ReplyDelete