Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thanks to all!


Hello everyone,
I’m writing to thank you all for your donations, messages of support and for following my last ride from John O’Groats to Lands End. It’s been a truly amazing experience full of effort, sacrifice, suffering but joy and self satisfaction at the same time.
We started 24 cyclist from JOG on Sunday the 5th, and after 8 days and almost 1600 km of riding, 21 of us finished last Sunday at Lands End under the clapping and cheering of the support crew and other public and tourists present at the finish line.
Amongst us there was James who is dedicating his life to organizing events fundraising for the Psychiatry Research Trust. Tom, Dan and Paul’s close relatives have been diagnosed with Parkinson recently and it’s been an honour to ride along them, see their effort fighting illness and injuries, and heartbreaking seeing Tom’s efforts being spoiled by mechanical problems. They are all heroes for me and it’s been very satisfying to help their cause by fundraising for What’s Driving Parkinson’s. A project which can bring solutions to their beloved ones situation.
I have seen your donations coming through during the trip and I will be updating my blog with stories and pictures in the next few days. I want to take the time to thanks each one of you for supporting this initiative and motivating me to keep pedalling even when pain was winning the battle.
As part of my fundraising efforts, I wanted to pass by the Clinic these days while I’m still in the UK to check the job they’re doing and to meet part of the people responsible for carrying out the development of the project so I can inform you guys and you have more firsthand information on how your money is being invested and used to help the project. Unfortunately James is not available these days and will be impossible to visit the clinic so he’s commit himself to send me some photos and all the information available. Hopefully I can learn more about it and its people as well.
Hope you’re all enjoying yourselves and I thank you again for your messages and donations. There’s still time to donate at www.justgiving.com/fonziesjogle2010 so please spread the word around and keep checking my blog out at www.fonziesride.blogspot.com
Love,
Fonzie

No comments:

Post a Comment