Sunday, March 28, 2010

Last ride



Saturday was spent fiddling around so at the end couldn't go for a ride. This morning woke up confused about the daylight saving time change and left around 930 in the morning when I was planning to leave at 8. Some tea, a few biscuits and a nutella croissant for breakfast and off I went heading to levante (or the rising side, East).
Weather was flawless, not a cloud on the sky and temperature around 16 degrees, and the plan was head to Vernazza in the Cinque Terre and meet friends for lunch there. About 106 km and 1600 m climbed over 4 passes. As the last long ride before the trip, I wanted to pace myself to test if at the end of the day wouldn't feel the ride on my legs. I've been thinking that to complete this trip successfully I really need to put some effort on being patient. Be ready to spend a couple of hour more per day on the bike but not exhausting my legs. It's a full month of riding. Don't know if I'm really pushing the target a bit too far.
Got to Vernazza after 4 hours 51 minutes at 22,5 km/h average and with fresh legs and good appetite which is rewarded with a generous lunch with friends from other boats and then back on the train to Genova.
Body feels alright, but I realized that if I want to finish this trip as it's planned, I have to keep real focus on pacing myself, feeding and hydrating properly and get some proper sleep everynight... and as it's 4 am, still have to finish some blogging and have to work tomorrow, it's obvious I have to work on the focusing. Night night!

3 comments:

  1. Alfonzo! que nota de viaje y la causa más todavía. Que tal funcionó tu invento? se veía de lo más pro. Espero q no hayas tenido q ir a Decathlon! que risa me dió.
    Que bueno saber de ti y de tus aventuras.
    Yo estoy viviendo en Paris así que a la orden para lo que necesites. Un albergue y un buen plato de pastaaaa! Un beso y keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que Mariana eres? Paris me podria servir una ayuda, ya que todos mis amigos decidieron concentrarse en Barcelona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariana Martínez hermana morocha de Ana María!

    ReplyDelete